IDLERS BEWARE! BLU is onto you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

evanonline

L420: High Member
Mar 15, 2009
Personaly I don't care about getting a hat other than to say to my friends "Ha, I got a hat before you, prepare to be jealous."

Hence why people want hats.

If you ask me, instead of giving out hats they should give out like "Mann Co. Hat Coupons" or something that are just as rare as hats, but then when you actually DO succeed in winning that ridiculously low chance, you can get a hat you'd actually LIKE.

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
Most people want a hat becuase they either:
a) Want to be/look cool
b) Want to make others jealous
c) Think it will somehow make them pwn

But the what's the betting that most people will get a hat, say to their friends "Ha, I got a hat before you, prepare to be jealous." To then have their friend come back an hour later and say "Ha! I got a hat I actualy wanted before you"

I just know that will happen to me...Oh, no it wont, because I wont ever get a hat :crying:

evanonline

L420: High Member
Mar 15, 2009
I like hats because they're a nice thing aesthetically. It gives a little flair of individuality to players--you'll have three Soldiers in a game who all look just a little different, but still similar enough for you to tell who's who. I like that.

I understand hats should be rare, but honestly the drop rates for hats are seriously just ridiculous, hence the whole crux of this argument, but enough about that, let's talk about why hats are the best things ever.

...they're the best things ever because they are.

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
If you ask me, instead of giving out hats they should give out like "Mann Co. Hat Coupons" or something that are just as rare as hats

Or perhaps [ame=http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=873977]something like "permits"[/ame], so that you can trade away fractional parts of one specific kind of hat for fractional parts of another.

Ankh

L3: Member
Sep 18, 2008
I read it, I just didn't care too much :p Whether you think it is cheating or not, who really cares? Just play the damn game and have a grudge against everyone who has a hat becuase you suspect they may have idled for it. After all, if they did idle, they're only cheating themselves of an ingame suprise.

In the interests of fairness I'll do that then, but I'll begrudge everyone with a hat for being fortunate with the random drop system where I repeatedly get nothing.

I was mainly talking about people who still put forward the same arguments I debunked in said post. But that explanation makes sense too.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
I don't like the idea of the idler anyway...but people will always try to get around stuff.
I want a hat :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.