How to make structured map testing work for everyone

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
This is the point where I'd suggest splitting impromptus. Keep regular "impromptus" for people who are there at the time and want their maps played while they're available, but use the planned ones (would need a different name) to play through the list with.

Sounds pretty much just like gamedays, but taking submissions through the bot rather than the forum. Which could work I guess - though I know a lot of people only use the forum to schedule tests. Perhaps greater education about our systems is what's needed.

DrLambda

L69: Teeheehee, Member
aa
Feb 18, 2015
On a anecdotal sidenote, it should be considered to only remove maps from the queue if they had a reasonable amount of players, especially considering the length of the queue. I just had it happen that Ascendant was tested after ~48 hours in the queue, but it never had more than 12 players, which is hardly the amount i want to optimize the map for, so i had to readd it with about 22 maps in front of it, which means i will have to wait another few days until i can get some representative test results.

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
Perhaps an "unremove" command would be useful, that can add a map back to the list in the position it was in previously?

The !insert command was just added to VBot. I think I'm going to add the last map of each of my imps to the front of the queue, though I'll need an admin to enter the command each time.