How do I pack assets into .bsp file?

MadJinjo

L1: Registered
Mar 14, 2022
I'm using some external assets for a map and I have not much of an idea on how to actually pack them into the bsp file. Do I need an external program like compile pal?

SuperLuxDeluxe

L3: Member
Mar 13, 2021
CompilePal is what most people use just because it's extremely easy, automated, and can pack pretty much any asset you need.
Download version 27.19, not 27. I can verify that 27.16 also works well.

Just make sure you have the pack step enabled like here.
Once you have it selected and then compile, it should automatically detect all of the assets you're using and pack them into the BSP.
It should say at the end of the compile log how many custom assets it found and packed by asset type.
You can always check if things are packed by opening up your compiled BSP in GCFscape and looking through the folders in the BSP to see if the content is in there.
compilepal_packstep.PNG

MadJinjo

L1: Registered
Mar 14, 2022
CompilePal is what most people use just because it's extremely easy, automated, and can pack pretty much any asset you need.
Download version 27.19, not 27. I can verify that 27.16 also works well.

Just make sure you have the pack step enabled like here.
Once you have it selected and then compile, it should automatically detect all of the assets you're using and pack them into the BSP.
It should say at the end of the compile log how many custom assets it found and packed by asset type.
You can always check if things are packed by opening up your compiled BSP in GCFscape and looking through the folders in the BSP to see if the content is in there.
compilepal_packstep.PNG
ah I had 27. downloaded. so it should be working now. (and it works! thanks!)

Last edited: