How can i make monitors that show parts of the map in real time?

any replacement for func_monitor and point_camer or how to get them to work in tf2

• some new entities i have to download

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • some possible fix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Usagi

L1: Registered
Apr 11, 2020
i am currently working on a map that has some kinda security system and i would like to make a room that has monitors that showcase parts of the map. is there anyway i can do that with or without these entities? (func_monitor/point_camera)

Unicake

L2: Junior Member
Aug 25, 2017
func_monitor/point_camera was the only way to do that kind of projection i think. I remember trying to do monitors for my map, but couldn't find any fix or mod to fix it for tf2

Oct 6, 2008
I've tried to do this, unfortunately TF2 doesn't support it - I vaguely remember a console message saying unsupported entity type

nᵗʰSonata

Takes way to long to make and update maps
aa
Jun 11, 2015
Yep, you need to use a point_camera, which doesn't work at all in TF2. It isn't possible except for modifying the code of the game directly, which is practically impossible unless you have the source code (which isn't publicly available for TF2). Open Fortress is a mod which allegedly fixes the issue, but it's pretty different from actual TF2. I'd suggest to head there if you're dead set on using it in your map, otherwise I'd just continue without them. You could kinda get away with something similar by using a custom animated texture, but it wouldn't accurately update to show changes.