Highville

KotH Highville A9

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
wait a sec, doesn't this just make it polarbeam with a cart? Didn't you say that people stayed in spawn for most of polarbeam until the last few seconds?

Polarbeam essentially only has one set of timers. This in a roundabout way has two sets (the top KotH timers and the cart [only kind of a timer in the way after a set time it makes the round end]).

Polarbeam's issue was the fact that there really wasn't a way to stop stealing the other team's work. This still needs a bit to counter that, but a reliable timer alongside a cart that does move back should make it not frustrating for either team.

Lain

lobotomy success story
aa
Jan 8, 2015
Always liked the idea of dynamic points for Koth. A map I canceled had a similar thing going on, but the hills would rapidly change every 30 seconds and points would only be scored as people stayed inside the hill zone.

Anyways, nice map! :)

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
Always liked the idea of dynamic points for Koth. A map I canceled had a similar thing going on, but the hills would rapidly change every 30 seconds and points would only be scored as people stayed inside the hill zone.

Anyways, nice map! :)

Thanks, I'm still working on trying to think of methods to do a revision of this and revive it. My main idea is having the map with 2 payload carts, where the CP starts over both and then moves to the one that's captured. It still has to roll down the hill (or your timer run out), but you can't steal the other team's progress.