Heyo! I'm Scouscous!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ScousCous, Jul 8, 2014.

1. ScousCous

ScousCous L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hello! I'm Scouscous!

I'm pretty new to mapping, I've only made one map so far.

But I've come here to learn how to become better and share my creations will all you fine people! :)

2. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Hey there ScousCous, welcome to the community!

We'll do our best to help you however we can. Pop into our steam chat (see main page) if you fancy a bit of a chat that doesn't also revolve around mapping. Have you started anything already?

3. ScousCous

ScousCous L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
  4. Grizzly Berry

aa Grizzly Berry

Positive Ratings:
    Hi there! Welcome to the community.

I downloaded your map and gave it a quick run through. First thing I noticed is it's fullbright. That means you don't have any light source. When fullbright maps are tested on the server, it can cause some problems (as well as just looking ugly :p), so make sure you throw some light entities in there. Here's a tutorial on that:

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Lighting

Another thing I noticed is players can get into the enemies' spawn. This isn't good, for reasons I won't explain. :p Also your resupply lockers aren't correctly set up. I'm unable to get any health/ammo from them. Here's a great tutorial for properly setting up a spawn room:

http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=198

These are all common beginner mistakes, so don't worry, you'll figure it all out! If you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask. There are a lot of great beginner tutorials here, so be sure to check them out. :)

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  5. Prestige

aa Prestige im not gay anymore

Positive Ratings:
    I like your alias a lot :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1