Help with falling objects

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by ZeroTolerance, Jan 28, 2008.

1. ZeroTolerance

ZeroTolerance Guest

Positive Ratings:
    Hi all. I am trying to make a map where when the intel is picked up objects fall in a certain area and instantly disappear. These objects, say an anvil for example, I would like to have only damage a specific team Is this possible and any idea on how to do it? Thanks in advance.

2. PandaN

PandaN L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    You can set the intel itself up via OnPickup output to an item such as an anvil. Easiest solution for the anvil is to tie it to func_movelinear and just choose a fast speed. When the anvil hits the area its meant to fall to, you can have it activate a trigger_hurt, which kills the player

3. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    Unfortunately, the filters for team and class are broken right now, so all players will be hurt.

4. Fyfey

Fyfey L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Does that mean the filters for the doors are also broken?

5. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    There never were player class filters. The filter with class in it's name is for entity class, something else entirely.

6. spaceweasels

aa spaceweasels

Positive Ratings:
    I'm not too sure why you said the team filters are broken. I've had no problems using the filter_activator_tfteam entity.

7. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    You're right, I was thinking of something else. My bad :S