Having trouble with custom textures

Hadoe

L1: Registered
Oct 4, 2011
This may seem like a stupid question but I've looked all over and can't find an answer.

Ok so I made and added some textures to my map in hammer. I set up the vtf and vmf files and the textures showed up and worked just fine in hammer so I hit F9 to compile it and then put the map on my server. The thing is, when I log on to my server the custom textures don't show up, it's just the purple and black squares.

Are the custom textures supposed to be downloaded by the clients and that's not happening or something? I have allow download on in my server config and downloading maps works fine but the custom textures just don't show up.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated -- Hadoe

Hadoe

Oct 4, 2011
Ok great. I got PackBSP but when i load up my map and click "Run Dependencies" it just say "Crawling" forever and doesn't do anything. Am I doing something wrong?

Hadoe

Oct 4, 2011
I got pakrat but it doesn't do anything either, I noticed that both Pakrat and PackBSP work with some of my maps but not others. Is it something in my maps or do the programs just not work all the time? I really hope there's a work around for this because otherwise I'll have to build my map from the ground up and just continuously test it over and over which would be tedious and extremely time consuming.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there something with my maps that needs to be fixed?

Hadoe

Oct 4, 2011
Well I found my own fix.

I just copy pasted my map into a new hammer file and saved it with a new name then it suddenly worked. Must have been some weird thing with my settings or something.

Thanks for the help though guys!