Hardhat

Hardhat B2a

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
thanks!

however I already caught that, but the gap is so tiny and noncrititcal that I can't justify a new version just for that.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
I have commented on this ingame every time I played the map (which is 3 times in total), but only as short one-liners, so I'm gonna type out a longer post.
It's far too compact for any quality battle.

Picking heavy, going up the stairs to the left and jumping down from the balcony there, you have successfully managed to deploy a murder machine with 300 hp and no reloadtime in the middle of the enemy team within seconds(!) of the round starting.

The heavy is a VERY powerful class when there are no open spaces. His speed is the disadvantage, but it's completely nullified here. A medic heavy combo is even more destructive.

Scout is the opposite, and it shows.. you can't use your speed for anything much.
Sniper is pretty useless, I mean sure you can snipe. But when you know you'll get rushed and pushed back into your spawn in a matter of seconds, you might as well roll another class and be useful.

Basically: There is no class balance due to the size being minuscule.

Sep 1, 2009
I kinda agree with Ravidge.....but as long as a pyro can survive i am happy camper!

Last edited:

ricardojvc6

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 8, 2009
Add a 3D skybox on Beta 2, Details looks quite nice a reminder that those gravel pile displacements are a bit.. Spikey. make a bit soft but in some huge pile.

evanonline

L420: High Member
Mar 15, 2009
It's been a while since I've checked up on this, I didn't even know you started detailing! I can't wait to play this again.

Penguin

aa
May 21, 2009
Since you bumped this...

I'm actually half way through the process of RE-detailing the map. I was wholly dissatisfied with the direction I was going before. I will not be defeated again!

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
God why did you necro this it's so bad

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
Some small props and poles need to be non-solid, other than that the map is pretty damn awesome.

Penguin

aa
May 21, 2009
arena_hardhat_rc1: the clipping and skybox update

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Whoa.

Like, whoa.

Penguin

aa
May 21, 2009
Sounds good. I was thinking about how to incorperate the crane models, and I think I have some ideas.