Halloween Maps

Infomaniac

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 29, 2015
Also I thought you were working on that other map? Why start two projects?
That's like making a ham sandwich while not finishing the other sandwiches. but it's his choice to work on one map and not finish the others, soo...

Last edited:

Flipy

I like foxes
aa
Jul 20, 2016
People run multiple projects all the time, sometimes you just need to take a breather from one and work on another until you're ready to come back

Glubbable

L2: Junior Member
Sep 1, 2013
I hate to be mean, but from my many years of mapping, converting a decompiled Valve map into a re-skinned or revamped version is something that requires a lot of experience with hammer in the first place before evening attempting. Mainly because you are touching work that someone else has created and you are basically diving into it without knowing what you're getting into. Which can result in a really bad mess of a job and as a result, will lead to you becoming upset when people point out all of the things that made it into a mess.

And believe me, I've done ports of Valve maps to Slender Fortress, which is a horror based gamemode that I manage and it wasn't exactly an easy or simple task. Despite it looking on the surface to just be basic level edits when there is so much technical stuff to do behind the scenes. Such as cleaning up mess from the decompiler or fixing up brush work in the level that from years ago was considered fine but these days to be considered as unacceptable brushwork according to Valves own compile tools.

tl;dr, I hate to be rude or mean, but working on decompiled maps is something an experienced mapper should be attempting. As it's a learning experience to understand how to work on other peoples projects rather than "this'll be easier than making my own map!".

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
I s
Also I thought you were working on that other map? Why start two projects?
Stop working on those two maps because I lost interest within the maps. I put them for orphan.

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
People run multiple projects all the time, sometimes you just need to take a breather from one and work on another until you're ready to come back
I stop working on those two maps because I lost interest within the maps. I put them for orphan.

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
I hate to be mean, but from my many years of mapping, converting a decompiled Valve map into a re-skinned or revamped version is something that requires a lot of experience with hammer in the first place before evening attempting. Mainly because you are touching work that someone else has created and you are basically diving into it without knowing what you're getting into. Which can result in a really bad mess of a job and as a result, will lead to you becoming upset when people point out all of the things that made it into a mess.

And believe me, I've done ports of Valve maps to Slender Fortress, which is a horror based gamemode that I manage and it wasn't exactly an easy or simple task. Despite it looking on the surface to just be basic level edits when there is so much technical stuff to do behind the scenes. Such as cleaning up mess from the decompiler or fixing up brush work in the level that from years ago was considered fine but these days to be considered as unacceptable brushwork according to Valves own compile tools.

tl;dr, I hate to be rude or mean, but working on decompiled maps is something an experienced mapper should be attempting. As it's a learning experience to understand how to work on other peoples projects rather than "this'll be easier than making my own map!".
I am getting along really good with the map. I just need to fix the windows and the skybox. Also adding the Spin of doom.

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
I can really only work on one map at a time because it's hard for be to choose on the different maps to work on. So I just work on one at a time.