Guys, I'm back... at least for a while.

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
OK, so recently Egan did me a huge favor and managed to dig up my old maps, even though I really just wanted to walk through some of them again. Well, in a moment of sudden inspiration, I realized something.
One of the greatest maps I'd ever created, koth_preposterous, was left here unfinished and forgotten.

Nope. Nopenopenopenope. Can't have that happen.
So, I'm not sure if I'll stay here and keep mapping for TF2, or even get back into TF2 at all, but I owe it to myself to go in and finish that map.

And you know... it's kinda weird being back here. TF2maps was the site where I learned how to be a content creator. How to take criticism, and just how to apply design concepts in general. But in that experience was some... growing pains. I've had a lot of really awkward and embarrassing moments here on the site, mostly spawned from poor behavior that I've mostly grown out of, plus just generally a lack of ability to take criticism. So, in a way, it's exciting to be back here knowing everything that I've learned on the site.

But... whatever, I'm getting off topic. I need to finish this map, wish me luck!

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
Cool! I remember you from a while back. It's nice to have you back, if just for a little while.

By the way, we use a Discord server instead of steam chat for uploading maps and such now.
Actually, it would probably be best if someone just ran me through the whole process of getting a map on a gameday these days.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Actually, it would probably be best if someone just ran me through the whole process of getting a map on a gameday these days.

Join discord, go to bot channel, type !add <filename> <link to map> and then check back in a few days for your feedback data and/or demo file.

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
Join discord, go to bot channel, type !add <filename> <link to map> and then check back in a few days for your feedback data and/or demo file.
Any way of me knowing when the server is hosting my map?

Also when you say link to map, I assume that means the download page on TF2maps, right?

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Anywhere that hosts the file is fine. And you receive a PM on discord when your map is being played I believe