[GUIDE] How to Release Your Map

Jul 26, 2015
That worked, thanks. Although my cubemaps now seem to be having problems testing the map with a vanilla tf folder. When I open it using the tf folder that has custom content, however, they're fine. Should I make sure I'm using a default tf folder before building cubemaps?

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
That's weird, I haven't heard of that happening. I don't know why that would be. Maybe it's related to whatever is causing your other bug. I think your cubemaps are probably fine though.

You should always build cubemaps with your custom content in place (either packed or just in your tf folder) or the reflections won't properly include the textures of whatever custom content you're using. Unless you want to reflect the ERROR model.

Jul 26, 2015
I think I found the problem, I just wasn't copying the right BSP over to the new tf folder.

The cubemaps seem to mostly work now, but now the underside of the water looks like this:

74818e2454.jpg

Any idea what might be causing this?

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I think I found the problem, I just wasn't copying the right BSP over to the new tf folder.

The cubemaps seem to mostly work now, but now the underside of the water looks like this:

74818e2454.jpg

Any idea what might be causing this?
Could be lots of things, might be better to start a new thread. First thought is you aren't using cheap water or something.

I also get the crash when I attempt loading my map after setting sv_pure to 2
I really have no idea what could cause this error, but imo if you can't run TF2 in sv_pure 2 you should figure out why.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
@Muddy informed me that most the links in this were broken (they were the old vBulletin format), so I fixed that. I also took the time to update it a bit to reflect more modern testing practices. If there is anything else that should be adjusted or I missed a link, please let me know!