Going to start on a TF2 tool need suggestions

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
Hey, I wouldnt mind helping out, if you would like some help.

I currently am familiar with:
Visual Basic
C++
Java
Java Scripting
Some databasing

But I learn pretty fast (once you learn one programming language, they are all pretty similar).

In any case, I think that the first post should be updated as ideas come in and next to each one you can list the feasibility as you see it.

*edit* Also I have some experience working with Qt (C++ library that KDE is based off of, aka completely system independent can run on Windows / Mac / Linux you name it.)

Last edited:

Deskalada

L1: Registered
Jan 22, 2008
qt? well that might be helpufll but i program for functalty.
well ide like to stick to visual basic, java, basic4gl, and web based interptur languages (php html) (i use express ediotn cuz i'm cheap works fine thought becuause i use a nother language to write dlls i use vb as a warpper)

but ya ill update the first post

also i'm still doing reserch but i'm thinking that a new-kinda-normal-map-gen is what i/we are going to make

Last edited:

MacNetron

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 12, 2007
Being a Java programmer myself, I can recommend using Eclipse as IDE when you program Java. It is free and very powerful. Sun's Netbeans is free and should be great too, but I don't have experience with that IDE.

Ya there are some belnder plugins there
Not that much, and with good reason. I've done some research and I might be walking too fast. :blushing:
It appears there is a fundamental difference as the base of Hammer is brushes and of Blender faces. I don't understand it fully myself, and the info is quite sparse, so just ignore all my "want a Blender script!" requests for the moment :)

Last edited:

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
Being a Java programmer myself, I can recommend using Eclipse as IDE when you program Java. It is free and very powerful. Sun's Netbeans is free and should be great too, but I don't have experience with that IDE.

Not that much, and with good reason. I've done some research and I might be walking too fast. :blushing:
It appears there is a fundamental difference as the base of Hammer is brushes and of Blender faces. I don't understand it fully myself, and the info is quite sparse, so just ignore all my "want a Blender script!" requests for the moment :)

I actually have extensive experience with Netbeans at this point. For the last 6 months I have been working on / off on developing a Netbeans module.

Netbeans 6.0 is actually pretty nice. Lots of support for graphical controls, but I have to say Eclipse seems a bit more stable, gotten less errors on it. (as in Netbeans sometimes will bitch about not being able to "Find harness.dir" and then you gotta restart Netbeans)

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I have a new suggestion:
A normal map painter. Not just a plugin but a tool that lets you paint straight into normal map format. so you can draw on areas to raise them, erase areas to rub them out....