1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

"Gib Jars" objects

Discussion in 'WIP (Work in Progress)' started by Mic, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Mic

Mic L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    This is such a different object, I though I should post here to get feedback and suggestions. I haven't got a ton of time into it yet, the objects are all unwrapped onto one texture to save on overhead.

I want to make the glass breakable, I have not created a destructible mesh yet, but I'm sure its not too hard

[​IMG]

2. TimmerTheTank

TimmerTheTank L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    awweeesome

3. Cerious

Cerious L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I think you posted this on the wrong board, as this is WIP for maps lol.

4. AWESOME-O

AWESOME-O L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    This is also wips for models etc
    Its just WIP
    a model can be in WiP 2.

5. laghlagh

laghlagh L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    This is really, really good!

6. tenaciousg

tenaciousg L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    thats cool and freaky hah.. not sure if it fits the tf2 theme but very welcome.
    one thing i wanted to say was the caps of the bottles.. i realise they are all going to be the same but there shouldnt be any silver on it imo.. its very noticable, the caps should be a solid color. just looks repetitive..

7. Meta

Meta L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    It would be pretty helpful if you were making a Halloween themed map.

8. TimmerTheTank

TimmerTheTank L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    omg i can feel the next theme contest now 'tf2 halloween themes'

9. Mic

Mic L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thank for the comments everyone. I was not thinking Halloween per say, but that is a very good suggestion! I hope to wrap this up, and upload it for you guys to use just for that reason.

I was at a loss for how to theme the jars. So I went with the scrapie metal look, much like on the turrets. Also, on anther posting, I am working to figure out how to animate an object. I would love to attach a bone to the heads to make the heads bob up and down a bit in a idle animation. As well as make the object breakable.

10. Dox

Dox L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    just from that pic without the ability to download them for a closer look, the tags in them seem un-TF2... Not sure if its the lack of shading or the small text (AFAIK I've never seen small text in TF2... it may be there but i cant recall it.)on them but they don't seem to fit.

11. Zwiffle

Zwiffle L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    This would fit perfectly in a mad doctor's laboratory themed map. Might also be nice in a Brady Bunch-esque machinima. :)