Genesis

PL Genesis A16

Oct 6, 2008
Well it looks good so far - but can I make a suggestion? You seem to have all of these broken tracks all over the place :p

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
Well it looks good so far - but can I make a suggestion? You seem to have all of these broken tracks all over the place :p

Alpha payload maps typically do that because aligning up the tracks takes a decent amount of time that's not entirely necessary (and more than likely will want re-doing several times if you're always having it fully connected).

Oct 6, 2008
Alpha payload maps typically do that because aligning up the tracks takes a decent amount of time that's not entirely necessary (and more than likely will want re-doing several times if you're always having it fully connected).

Yes I know that's why I put int the :p into my comment :) :lol:

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
Having some issues with getting another VMF from the BSP (as I lost a bunch of old VMFs when I had to reformat my HDD). Any good programs besides bspsource?

Regardless, this is my plan for last point:
e0a70d747a.png

Uncuepa

aa
Oct 25, 2014
Having some issues with getting another VMF from the BSP (as I lost a bunch of old VMFs when I had to reformat my HDD). Any good programs besides bspsource?

Regardless, this is my plan for last point:
e0a70d747a.png

I like the new route in that building, and the removal of the other door, but the rest seems odd. My main issue with last is the grind fest the corner becomes. Its odd, because it was too easy to cap with no cover, and when there is too much cover it becomes impossible. Maybe that bend needs to be opened up towards the building?

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
Decent sized update to come later today, hopefully. If not, tomorrow.
*map will be updated tomorrow, says me a month ago*

After a five month hiatus (wow), here's A12 of PL Genesis!

A12 - May 19th 2015
- Majorly restructured the D and the routes into it
- BLU has more time initially
- BLU has more time after capturing A (takes a long time to get around the twirly)

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
A13 - May 26th 2015
- Rethemed (to be jungle/swampy instead of snowy)
- Added more cover and some shacks at D for RED
- Cliff-to-building route on D changed to a dropdown
- Removed right (from BLU) stairway access behind C to the D route, gives RED a defensive position
- Replaced rock at B with a shack, replaced the medium health at it with a small health and small ammopack
- Altered the side route into B to be weaker, and lead to the small balcony
- Adjusted lighting
- Tweaked times

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
- Rethemed (to be jungle/swampy instead of snowy)

You can really tell.

Jusa

aa
May 28, 2013
Are you going to keep the rotating track thing from barnbliz? I would like to see some new gimmicks on stopping the cart temporarily.

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
Are you going to keep the rotating track thing from barnbliz? I would like to see some new gimmicks on stopping the cart temporarily.

What exactly would I replace it with? I like how it gives the RED team a chance to regroup a little bit after the C point to be honest.

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
A14 - May 28th 2015
- Added more visibility to the right (from BLU) stairs route up around C and D
- Redesigned the last finale, having the cart pass across a zipline to reach the rocket (to destroy it)
- Added a shack next to B with three floors (bottom at the underpass, middle pointing out over the overpass and top with a corner view of the turn after the overpass)

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
-snip-
-Redesigned the last finale, having the cart pass across a zipline to reach the rocket (to destroy it)
-snip-

Whaaa...!

spiderman.jpg

Last edited:

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
pl_raiders

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
A15 - May 29th 2015
- Restructured A point fairly majorly, removing a decent amount of prop spam and cover that's too helpful for jumping classes
- Added nobuild to the zipline so you cannot build on it
- Removed some rock coverings at D
- Opened up the fencing cover beside the central route into D, allowing players to jump straight on to the zipline
- Players can now retreat up the flank building at D
- Made the map more jungle-y (credit to Heyo for the pl_borneo props)
- Added an extra 15 seconds to the setup timer for RED engineers
- Removed a few unnecessary rollback/forward zones (mostly as rollforwards stop the cart receding)

a54f0e458a.jpg

e7723ce8ad.jpg

Oct 6, 2008
that last picture scared the heck out of me!

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
A16 - May 30th 2015
- Removed rollback before A point
- Widened the main route into the B area
- Redesigned the underground route into B
- Added more of a visual for the attacking team pushing into B
- Lowered full ammo beside the overpass at B to a medium

A16b - May 30th 2015
- Fixed getting stuck in the ceiling