Forklift

Model Forklift 1.0

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Forklift

Release: Feb 16, 2010 - Update from the GRAVE: June 14 2012 - Updated texture fixes, texture filesize optimizations
Author: Alex "Rexy" Kreeger.
E-mail: Kreeger242@live.missouristate.edu
Version: 1.1.0

Enjoy! Remember to only pack the textures you're using to save on filesize.

Zip contains:

*This fantastic readme file!
*6 model files (1.3 mb)
*6 texture files (1.5 mb)

Extract to: "SteamApps\[username]\team fortress 2\tf" directory to install.

**YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO MODIFY ANY OF THE FILES FOUND WITHIN THE ARCHIVE, OR REDISTRIBUTE.

I decided to document by taking screenshots with commentaries, which I'm posting in thumbnails here.

Last edited:

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-hz1GpFpXA"]YouTube- Gabelstaplerfahrer Klaus eng subtitled german forklift safety video[/ame]

dm_klaus gogogo

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
That is still one of the most ridiculous videos I've ever seen, whether or not it was really used as a training video.

redcommunism

L2: Junior Member
Feb 13, 2010
@Penguin:
That video was entirely necessary.

Okrag

Wall Staples
aa
Jun 10, 2009
My German teacher showed me that video. Now I raise you: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wErpaF1jvjU"]YouTube- MST3K - He tried to kill me with a forklift[/ame].

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
"VertexLitGeneric"
{
"$basetexture" "models/props_vehicles/forklift_01"
"$basemapalphaphongmask" "1"
"$phong" "1"
"$phongexponent" "10"
"$phongboost" ".25"
"$phongfresnelranges" "[.7 15 20]"
"$sexy" "1"
}

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
really nice end result.
i just think that you went a bit to small with the paint strokes on the main body. i think fewer and bigger ones would look better. it looks quite busy with so many heavy contrast strokes, imo.
but very cool in every other way !

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Whats the automatic poly reducing tool you use, is there a max version?

I'm using lightwave's PLG plugins. Specifically, the mesh reduction plugin, 2nd from the bottom. I spent a good chunk of time looking for non-lightwave related softwares that would generate reduced polygon meshes but keep the UV intact, and the very best results I had happened to be from the same set of plugins I use for unwrapping my UV meshes. But it's a lightwave only thing I'm afraid.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Wow. You know, this is just perfect. I'm in the planning stages of a map that, in its current iteration at least, includes a loading dock, warehouse, or something of that ilk (when I say "planning stages", imagine the phrase in six-foot-high concrete letters). And while I knew it would eventually need a delivery truck of some kind, a forklift never would have dawned on me.

This looks great. It's just the right size to hold the big crate prop, the texture meshes nicely with the other items in the world (especially said crate), and the little knob on the steering wheel is a nice touch; I didn't even know they had those.

Huzzah!

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Impressive. Nicely done Rexy!