Forcing Stock loadouts via Vscript?

THE_REAL_FUNKe2

L1: Registered
Jan 12, 2024
What's the most practical (vscript) solution to forcing a stock-only loadout across every class for an otherwise vanilla gamemode map?

The recent item server drop had me thinking about a map where the gimmick is along the lines of "Mercs thrown back in time to a 2007-style map, losing all their new weapons in the process." My uneducated research thinks the easiest solution would be give_tf_weapon applied across every class. Ideally players would be able to still equip and use their strange stock variants but i'm assuming vscript can't force loadouts, just override the existing loadout. Still i'd be willing to work with anything as long as it's practical.

I'm not an experienced mapper so any information regarding how difficult implementation might be would be useful. Alternatively, if someone has already made a stock-only map via vscript, i'd love to know about it in advanced. Thanks!

Last edited:

loading8

L1: Registered
Jan 22, 2024
While I'm no expert you might be to steal the whitelist feature and just ban every other weapon. I know it can be done as I've played on a sever that used it to ban hats but I'm not sure how they stole it.

nesman

master of fast travel
aa
Jun 27, 2016
While I'm no expert you might be to steal the whitelist feature and just ban every other weapon. I know it can be done as I've played on a sever that used it to ban hats but I'm not sure how they stole it.
It was probably done in SourceMod if it was on a server.