Forcing physics on tf_projectile_rocket? / Making tf_projectile_pipe do knockback?

pogviuemper

L2: Junior Member
Apr 25, 2020
I want to make tf_point_weapon_mimic spawn rockets that have physics (so they fall to the ground). Is it even possible at all?

I really could've used pipes, but I absolutely hate the fact that they don't do knockback. If you know any way to make them do knockback, also please tell me.

What I'm asking is: 1) Can you force physics to tf_projectile_rocket? and 2) Can you make tf_projectile_pipe do knockback? I want an answer to any of these questions.

Last edited:

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
I don't think it's possible to give a rocket physics as its code doesn't support that. You would need to create your own rocket spawner using a rocket prop, smoke particle effect, sound effect, physbox, trigger, func_tracktrain and two path_tracks. Put it in a point_template and either spawn it from there or use it in an env_entity_maker.

I don't know much about knockback but I would advise you to look into attributes. You won't be able to apply them to the pipes but you may be able to apply one to a player.

Helm

L1: Registered
Jun 25, 2022
I don't think it's possible to give a rocket physics as its code doesn't support that. You would need to create your own rocket spawner using a rocket prop, smoke particle effect, sound effect, physbox, trigger, func_tracktrain and two path_tracks. Put it in a point_template and either spawn it from there or use it in an env_entity_maker.

I don't know much about knockback but I would advise you to look into attributes. You won't be able to apply them to the pipes but you may be able to apply one to a player.
You dont need env_entity_maker, you can just disabling it and enabling when you need to shot