Forcing a cheat-protected command on mapspawn?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Hell-met, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Hell-met

Hell-met L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Is there a way to do this?

Basically I want "nb_update_frequency" set to 0 on map spawn, but I do not want the server to disable achievements and such.

Using a point_servercommand isn't the solution, since it still requires you to set sv_cheats to 1.

2. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    You /can/ use point_server command to turn cheats on, then your command, then off again, but IT will disable achievements and I think stats for everyone on the server for the remainder of the uptime.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  3. Ravidge

aa Ravidge Grand Vizier

Positive Ratings:
    Quoting this post to save evidence that aly is infact a tf2 superadministrator that controls when players can earn achievements.

I knew it!

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  4. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
  5. TMP

aa TMP Abuser of Site Rules

Positive Ratings:
    Thread derailed in 2 posts.

Good job!

6. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Theoretically, it may not disable achievements for anyone if it is fired immediately on map-load, because no one is connected at that time. I say this because it's possible to farm achievements with bots by yourself by adding the bots, then turning off cheats, and doing retry which reconnects you to your own listenserver without restarting it. When you have rejoined you joined without cheats on, and are able to earn stuff.

7. Hell-met

Hell-met L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thing is, setting cheats to 0 revert all commands to their default value.

8. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Oh, if it's one of the commands that only works while cheats are active, then you are screwed.