First ever map attempt, trouble with spawning. . .

trainRiderJ

L5: Dapper Member
Mar 14, 2008
16/32 units should be fine, it's hard to tell from your pic.

Use "[" and "]" to change the grid size (you'll see it in the bottom right). Shift-W toggles match-to-grid; make sure it's on.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Use "[" and "]" to change the grid size (you'll see it in the bottom right). Shift-W toggles match-to-grid; make sure it's on.

Can not stress enough. :thumbup1:

Paria

Dec 12, 2007
ok i've fixed it lol, i downloaded the vmf and had a look in hammer - and it had me stumped for a while since everything was placed correctly etc etc - that was until i moved the outer walls around a little - and slap bang in the middle of the entire level is a 1024x1024x384 solid block - deleting this block will fix your problems.

Last edited:

trainRiderJ

Mar 14, 2008
ok i've fixed it lol, i downloaded the vmf and had a look in hammer - and it had me stumped for a while since everything was placed correctly etc etc - that was until i moved the outer walls around a little - and slap bang in the middle of the entire level is a 1024x1024x384 solid block - deleting this block will fix your problems.

That definitely wasn't what I expected the problem to be :) Well at least he (hopefully) learned a lot of good info in the troubleshooting process.

anothermike

L1: Registered
Apr 18, 2008
Well I'll be a son-of-a-gun!

Yeah, didn't see that coming. And I definitely learned a TON from this. Thanks to all and a special prize to Paria!

Now time to rep-up all of you!

Bonafide

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 18, 2008
Watch this if you want to make a map. Its a starting point for everyone (There are 5 chapters in total)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQeqVSrAsf0"]YouTube - PH4T3's How to Make Maps for TF2 Tutorial - Chapter 1[/ame]