Favorite TF2 Class?

Favorite TF2 Class?

• Total voters

Koei

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 23, 2008
If a sentry even gets one kill, it's done its job. If a sentry is just there to divert the enemy's attention, it's done its job. A good engineer doesn't care how often he has to build, he just knows what, when, where, and why he has to build. And he knows when to build and when to own face with an actual weapon. :D

Conversely, if there's high teamplay, as you claim, an engineer's team will help protect their defenses. ;P

That's true. Sentries are more for keeping the enemy busy than anything else :). It's really too bad that there are only a few places a sentry can be build to hold out longer than a couple of seconds. Everything seems to be in Soldier range. And since you can't repair faster than 2 soldiers can pound it, it's usually down pretty fast.

Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
Demo. This is just the best class ever. I switch according to the situation though but demo is the man for sentries and blocking paths.

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
That's true. Sentries are more for keeping the enemy busy than anything else :). It's really too bad that there are only a few places a sentry can be build to hold out longer than a couple of seconds. Everything seems to be in Soldier range. And since you can't repair faster than 2 soldiers can pound it, it's usually down pretty fast.

True, but I think that on most of the valve maps there are always at least 1-2 really good sentry locations where you can cover all routes so soldiers have to stay in range and poke around corners. This makes it so only 1 soldier can really pound you at a time.

Custom maps on the other hand, I notice that they are either A. Make it rediculously hard for engineers, or B. Make it rediculously easy for engineers.

There have onyl been a couple custom maps that I think really get a good balance.

MacNetron

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 12, 2007
^^ There are 9 classes to balance your map to, so that is not that strange.
On the other hand, if you balance your map at (for instance) CPs quite nice for engineers, most other classes are probably already quite balance too because of that.

Koei

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 23, 2008
True, but I think that on most of the valve maps there are always at least 1-2 really good sentry locations where you can cover all routes so soldiers have to stay in range and poke around corners. This makes it so only 1 soldier can really pound you at a time.

Custom maps on the other hand, I notice that they are either A. Make it rediculously hard for engineers, or B. Make it rediculously easy for engineers.

There have onyl been a couple custom maps that I think really get a good balance.

For my map I'm aiming for a bit on the easy side for engineers. I know there are always 2-3 medics who time ubers on my regular server, so anything consisting of <6 sneaky sentries goes down anyways.

Spike

L10: Glamorous Member
Feb 13, 2008
-Spy
-Pyro
-Medic

BTW, I hate engis and demos, 2 most voted here.