FarmValley

KotH FarmValley a2

Billo

aa
Feb 8, 2016
judging by the screenshots the map looks really cool!
i see some nice height advantages and some nice areas too.
i would suggest maybe adding water to the low ground near the koth point.

nesman

master of fast travel
aa
Jun 27, 2016
judging by the screenshots the map looks really cool!
i see some nice height advantages and some nice areas too.
i would suggest maybe adding water to the low ground near the koth point.
yup was thinking about that for a2 as well as maybe closing a few routes to the point as it can be attacked from all angles

TwinMill

L2: Junior Member
Nov 2, 2017
Hey Nesman!
Thought I'd run through your map and share my thoughts!
My general feeling from this map is great; I can really see something like this in-game, or at least fitting in the universe. Even in dev textures it feels like TF2, particularly the first two courtyards from spawn. I'm a little concerned about mid being too open and just an absolute field day for snipers though. The sightlines, especially from on top of the mid building, are pretty nasty. It seems like the only way a sniper on the top of the building could be dealt with is by another sniper, and that's just no fun.
Also, I would cut down the rooms between courtyards. Maybe it's just the texturing at the moment, but it seems to be almost labyrinthine in some spots, and I'll admit my idiot self got disoriented once or twice.
If you'd like some more specifics, you can see an album for it here: https://imgur.com/a/HNAZV
All things considered, my opinions could change when I see this map in action, but for now these are the things that strike me when I walk through it.
Cheers!

nesman

master of fast travel
aa
Jun 27, 2016
Hey Nesman!
Thought I'd run through your map and share my thoughts!
My general feeling from this map is great; I can really see something like this in-game, or at least fitting in the universe. Even in dev textures it feels like TF2, particularly the first two courtyards from spawn. I'm a little concerned about mid being too open and just an absolute field day for snipers though. The sightlines, especially from on top of the mid building, are pretty nasty. It seems like the only way a sniper on the top of the building could be dealt with is by another sniper, and that's just no fun.
Also, I would cut down the rooms between courtyards. Maybe it's just the texturing at the moment, but it seems to be almost labyrinthine in some spots, and I'll admit my idiot self got disoriented once or twice.
If you'd like some more specifics, you can see an album for it here: https://imgur.com/a/HNAZV
All things considered, my opinions could change when I see this map in action, but for now these are the things that strike me when I walk through it.
Cheers!
man, I really appreciate this kind of feedback with that amount of detail, surely will use most of the feedback and will see how it plays when the map can get tested publicly on the tf2maps servers. Thanks again.

phi

aa
Nov 6, 2011
I don't know what happened but I tried to run this map (a1a) on the server and it immediately crashed. Try to figure that out, I think.

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
Had to double-take on the map name after reading Farmville

I dinne ken

Has currently had enough
aa
Apr 16, 2016
Why not post the compile log?

People could probably deduce what the problem is from it. (not me though)