Espresso

Espresso b1a

Average Tiddy Goth GF

L1: Registered
Nov 5, 2019
Hi

Let me start this way; This is a BEAUTIFUL map, the design is absolutely wonderful and the layout is very pleasant, it's easy to tell that there's been a lot of thought and work put into this.

However, I did come across a few moderate and one big problem whilst playtesting;

1; Almost ALL surrounding walls designed to keep players in the dedicated play-area are NOT HIGH ENOUGH. I was able to get on top of ANY building and barrier in my way with a double-sticky jump (See addendum 1.a & addendum 1.b). I was even able to get completely out and wander underneath the map.
1.JPG

Addendum 1.a;
2.JPG

Addendum 1.b;
3.JPG

2; The logic for the cart seems a little bit janky when players with more than 1 objective pick-up (Coffee) stand within it's reach. If it is fed just 1 objective pick-up it moves perfectly fine and a set distance, however if a player with ~2 or more objective pick-ups stands next to the cart it simply rapidly consumes the pick-ups and barely moves and further than as if it was just fed a single pick-up.
5.JPG

2.1; Additionally, the cart seems to get randomly stuck on certain bends in the track despite being fed with pick-up objectives. It happened most aggressively at this spot near the end point.
4.JPG

All in all; I love the attention to detail and the craftsmanship put into this map, it's definitely one of the top contenders I for the Double Trouble jam that I've seen. A few fixes and this map could definitely get at least into the upper echelon!

verdigris

L1: Registered
Dec 17, 2021
Hi

Let me start this way; This is a BEAUTIFUL map, the design is absolutely wonderful and the layout is very pleasant, it's easy to tell that there's been a lot of thought and work put into this.

However, I did come across a few moderate and one big problem whilst playtesting;

1; Almost ALL surrounding walls designed to keep players in the dedicated play-area are NOT HIGH ENOUGH. I was able to get on top of ANY building and barrier in my way with a double-sticky jump (See addendum 1.a & addendum 1.b). I was even able to get completely out and wander underneath the map.
1.JPG

Addendum 1.a;
2.JPG

Addendum 1.b;
3.JPG

2; The logic for the cart seems a little bit janky when players with more than 1 objective pick-up (Coffee) stand within it's reach. If it is fed just 1 objective pick-up it moves perfectly fine and a set distance, however if a player with ~2 or more objective pick-ups stands next to the cart it simply rapidly consumes the pick-ups and barely moves and further than as if it was just fed a single pick-up.
5.JPG

2.1; Additionally, the cart seems to get randomly stuck on certain bends in the track despite being fed with pick-up objectives. It happened most aggressively at this spot near the end point.
4.JPG

All in all; I love the attention to detail and the craftsmanship put into this map, it's definitely one of the top contenders I for the Double Trouble jam that I've seen. A few fixes and this map could definitely get at least into the upper echelon!

Hi, thanks for playing the map and taking the time to leave feedback! We appreciate the in-depth notes. Unfortunately, the deadline for hot fixes has passed, so the contest version will not get an update.

I suppose this has been a lesson for me on more thorough stress-testing.

Last edited: