Error when opening map in hammer

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by The Phoenix, Apr 8, 2017.

1. The Phoenix

The Phoenix L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hey there. New to mapping. I just want to edit a CTF map to make a portion of it a no-build zone using func_nobuild. I've been told how to do that and where to get Hammer. I downloaded the source SDK launcher from Steam. When I open Hammer and try to open a map, at first it says that there will be missing detail or something, then it gives me a message like this:

'Fatal error: Model... briefcase.mdl is missing...'

I can't possibly conceive how and what to do in this scenario. I've tried verifying the files already to not avail.

The change I want to make is really minor in comparison to what you guys do, but at this point, it's a software error more than anything really. Would love some answers!

2. sooshey

aa sooshey :3c

Positive Ratings:
    Try using the TF2 Hammer instead. It can be found at Team Fortress 2/bin/hammer.exe. If this is your first time using it, then run Hammer.bat first.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. iiboharz

aa iiboharz Meme Queen

Positive Ratings:
    The Source SDK launcher has been deprecated for nearly 4 years now, FYI.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. The Phoenix

The Phoenix L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks! It works now that I did what smooshey recommended. Now to wrap my head around this... thanks again guys!