Do like or hate the new FF trailer...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Artesia

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 11, 2008
Can a soldier who can't rocket jump keep up with other soldiers? Can a demoman who can't pipe jump keep up with other demomen? Can a scout who can't double jump keep up with other scouts? Can a spy who can't disguise keep up with other spies? Can an engineer who can't upgrade keep up with other engineers? Can a medic who can't ubercharge keep up with other medics? Can a sniper who can't zoom keep up with other snipers?

this made me laugh so thanks.

Most of these, if you're having that problem, and you're too stupid to buy a new mouse/keyboard or to look up the key you're supposed to hit, then I assume, no, you couldn't keep up. By arguing that in TF2 a player couldn't keep up without an integral part of the game, you're basically saying that bunny hopping is an integral part of FF, and thus proving my point.

Barring that, any such downsides a TF2 item gives you, also gives you advantages. These are weighed together to create something we call balance. Something that is lost on the nostalgic FF team.

TF2 is designed so a new player can pick up the game, quickly learn the controls, then contribute something to their team, even if they aren't very good yet.

Bunny hopping keeps such new players at a disadvantage until they get adept at exploiting the system along with the other players (same goes for conc jumping). Letting experienced players run circles around new players, which is the result of a massive learning curve, is a glaring flaw in the game design. Basically, there's a reason FF is free as opposed to a purchasable game. It hasn't left the "mod" quality, it isn't accessible to new players, and it clings to what in gaming terms are ancient mechanics, which aren't widely accepted by modern gamers.

The industry has moved on since TFC, if you haven't, play FF (or TFC for that matter they're basically the same thing with different graphics. If you put a Marylin Monroe mask on your grandma, she's still your grandma, don't feel her up!) if you have also moved on, look into modern games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.