Engineer Update: Day Two

Numerous

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 14, 2009
The engineer is getting his guitar. I'm calling it.

The engi is getting a golden wrench that builds stuff faster and makes it slightly weaker, to assist with ninjaneering - I'm calling it.

But who knows, maybe I'm wrong. As it is though, something like that will happen, it's the obvious path. One of the aims of updates is to promote different ways of playing the classes, and making the engineer more offensive by building forward-bases is an obvious choice.
EDIT: JUST FOUND THIS! TOLD YOU SO!
http://www.teamfortress.com/engineerupdate/evolutionaryman/

Last edited:

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
The engi is getting a golden wrench that builds stuff faster and makes it slightly weaker, to assist with ninjaneering - I'm calling it.

But who knows, maybe I'm wrong. As it is though, something like that will happen, it's the obvious path. One of the aims of updates is to promote different ways of playing the classes, and making the engineer more offensive by building forward-bases is an obvious choice.

I'd say silver or bronze. Maybe even silver if you find it, bronze if you craft it or gain it from acheivments.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Elevators? Seriously?

Holy bazaar, they are elevators. I was too busy thinking about Cranetop and Emergency to realize this means elevators are going to work now maybe.

(Of course elevators are still a very bad idea. But for a single-player training map, it could be fine.)

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
Holy bazaar, they are elevators. I was too busy thinking about Cranetop and Emergency to realize this means elevators are going to work now maybe.

(Of course elevators are still a very bad idea. But for a single-player training map, it could be fine.)

Looking at the design it appears that players may not actually ride the elevator up. It's a pretty small platform... I have a feeling it's a race to the point then you need to hold a CP while it goes up.

Gerbil

aa
Feb 6, 2009
Or that the players need to push the cart along with the elevator up. and if they die it just slides back down like it does on most plr maps.

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
Or basically a cart that moves vertically while still being "pushed" by people in an area below it.

I thought that at first too but there's no area marked for capture right outside the elevator... aside from the elevator itself. Unless you really do ride it up, I'd think that valve would make it appear more obvious that you'd have to sit at the bottom. There's gotta be a marked area that's either hidden by the central building or inside the larger main one.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Well, the picture does have the engineer's writing saying "Ride" with an arrow going up the platform's path, so....