embankment

Aug 10, 2009
There is a pit of death, actually two :D
Thanks for the input, I considered a desert theme in fact.. I might reconsider it again. I was thinking of continuing the pipes far off into the skybox like they were filled with oil... Hmm... I'm thinking custom oil particles and textures. :D!

SlayerBlitz

L3: Member
Dec 3, 2009
There is a pit of death, actually two :D
Thanks for the input, I considered a desert theme in fact.. I might reconsider it again. I was thinking of continuing the pipes far off into the skybox like they were filled with oil... Hmm... I'm thinking custom oil particles and textures. :D!

the pipe thing was another thing I was thinkin about. They just dont look right like that. They should like descend at a slope for a ways into the sky box and just then run along the ground instead of just hovering about 60 feet in the air with no supports.

Aug 10, 2009
Agreed. I haven't got to the 3D skybox, partially because I'm too scared to learn how to, partially because I'm too lazy. Here's an update though:

EMBANKMENT HAS MADE IT TO A5!

A lot of changes with this new update! Hopefully this map could get some attention! ;)

I did a lot of revamping to the layout.
-I opened up the lower section at spawn, so hopefully it will get more attention.
-I also opened up each of the side passages (far sides of the overhead) so that they are more apparent and welcoming.
-The whole top half of the map has been greatly simplified to accommodate more organized and channeled gameplay, hopefully throughout most of the map, or at least more of the map then before.
-The mid building has no more deathpit and connects straight to the second middle building
-The ramp that used to span the whole map is gone, replaced in some places by pipes to allow for a quick jump
-A few props (specifically the stacked 3 cement pipe ones) have been added to serve as cover and to allow for easier travel between vertical levels.

**PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!**
Link here: http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3024

Overhead
4215013927_5dd437ecb9_o.jpg

Middle building
4215784722_768ff531ab_o.jpg

New spawn layout
4215784710_ce3214c67c_o.jpg

Upper corners next to cap
4215013919_7ea2234490_o.jpg

The new and simplified cap
4215013879_8024a1c110_o.jpg