Elevator Issues

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by sniprpenguin, Dec 21, 2010.

1. sniprpenguin

sniprpenguin L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hey all,

I'm working on a PL map with lifts. Considering that the Hightower lifts work off of the old PL system and I'm using ABS, I had to adapt it for the new simplified version. However, I'm having a rather basic problem with it.

The lifts spawn sideways.

[​IMG]

This prevents the cart from moving to the path_track above it which triggers the lift, because physics are preventing it from moving forward.

Both lifts in my map are this way.

This seems like something I should be able to fix easily.

SS of entities in hammer:

The elevator: (Yes, it's facing east.)

[​IMG]

The path it starts at:

[​IMG]

EDIT: I should mentioned that I've toyed with the various settings for the func_tracktrain changing angles on paths and the path's angle of movement thingy (Face direction of motion or Face angles.)

2. BrokenTripod

BrokenTripod L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Can't you check Fixed orientation in the flags tab? I think that fixes it so that it stays the direction you put it in hammer.

Not positive about anything.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. sniprpenguin

sniprpenguin L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    That worked! Now there are other problems with the set-up, but those I know how to fix. Thanks!

4. Tapp

Tapp L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    As well as the above, you could also try simply rotating it in hammer the opposite to how it's rotated in game to compensate.
    nevermind.