downpour pass

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
wow, i gotta tell you. that last pic just looks so refreshing with all the almost same (though high quality) stuff around that i have to say i love you for making this up :D

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
just wanted to say, what a shame that you have to beg for feedback and other threads get bombed with posts just because some special weapons and tactics guy gives a nice target...
i really hope some people give this thread more attention in the future !

Apr 19, 2009
just wanted to say, what a shame that you have to beg for feedback and other threads get bombed with posts just because some special weapons and tactics guy gives a nice target...
i really hope some people give this thread more attention in the future !
Its a common problem. :/

Oh and I love the map but the textures look horrible with the rain. Thats my only really big nip pick.

MisterNine

L1: Registered
Dec 28, 2009
The only thing I can think of is that you should probably look at your tracks a little closer. Try to line up the track sections a bit better so they look more natural. There are a lot of places where it looks like there's no way a cart would make it over sections of track that would overlap like that in real life. Badwater has some places like that but they're much more subtle. I get the impression that aspect was focused upon more closely by them so I bring it to your attention as well. :)

Other than that, it looks incredible. Thank you so much for putting this out here for us to test and discuss with you. There is so much potential. The submerged cart section is outstanding.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
I've never actually seen the map. Maybe schedule it for a gameday (EU for my sake) or just try to get it into impromptu testing sometime?

rahmie

L1: Registered
Mar 18, 2008
I played 2 rounds with 28ppl. And both rounds are end at 2nd CP.
I think that 2nd CP is too hard to cap. Need more advantage for blue.
It was hard that it could get to the back side easily especially from the upper left of cp1.

Uriak

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Apr 27, 2008
Played 4 rounds tonight.

People found your setting original and pleasing. I liked the drips on the pipes in the first red spawn. This one could get some more detailing, though, whereas the last red spawn is brillant.

At first we believed the second CP was too difficult to take, because as red team we could harass them from almost everywhere.

On offense we were almost stopped before the first CP, but this starting area is very interesting to play with all the cover and routes available.

The killing chasm before last CP was very fun. Blasting pyros went on rampage. Overall, we believed the map was a bit defense prone, but it was that teams were not balanced. Our last try had the blue team go through the entire map without difficulty.

This passage is quite handy but easily spammed with gory results :

The red spawn and surroundings at the end of the map is a bit puzzling for newcomers and the red lost precious time trying to find the good path.

Where to go ?

I must apologize because we couldn't test properly your second round, because they kept pushing the cart almost without stop.

So overall, we may test it again, to see if a decent defending teams get to much advantage. People complained for a while that red could flank the offense too easily, and for last CP of the first round, the pasage with the grate was useless.

We had a bug on the first team switch, arriving at this point, the cart would not move, even with player exiting and entering the capture zone. The number of player pushing was correctly displayed.
Here lies the bug :

Last edited:

infectedfury

L3: Member
Aug 30, 2008
Played 4 rounds tonight.

Thanks for the feedback; this will help with the next version of the map.
A few of the problems you have stated are already getting some revisions to them.

Stage 2 already has more directional arrows for both teams.
The cart not moving is due to it getting stuck, for now you will have to let the cart move back a little before you can move it. I’ve already fixed it for the next version.

Uriak

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Apr 27, 2008
Is this next version available ? Anyway, I'll launch it again someday this week, with people more used to it, balance may be more precise.