Model Door Hydraulics (resized)

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
This is quite a simple one. I just need the hydraulic arms from hydro (file location is props_hydro/hydraulic_door.mdl) to be resized. currently the width of the model is 265.5 hammer units, but I need it to be about 360 hammer units or, even better, just a version with one arm. Hopefully the screenshots help Many thanks in advance
HydraulicDoor1.PNG
HydraulicDoor2.PNG

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017
*EDIT* Don't worry about this. I found a post by Tyler that did just this ages ago.

Coding Ethan

L2: Junior Member
Oct 12, 2014
Could you link the post, just in case anyone has a similar issue and wants to find it in the future?

Mar 23, 2013
You can also just resize props in hammer by setting a model scale for the prop_dynamic. It's a bit of a try and error work to get them in the right place, and you gotta test the colision a bit but that's an easy way to resize props without using custom models

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017
You can also just resize props in hammer by setting a model scale for the prop_dynamic. It's a bit of a try and error work to get them in the right place, and you gotta test the colision a bit but that's an easy way to resize props without using custom models
the problem is I only needed an increase of width, not general size

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017
Just a note for you people, the hydraulic doors from tyler have a problem: the bounding box is used as collision for some reason. just turn collisions off and make a brush based collision box