Aug 18, 2023
Dooge updated cp_amourette with a new update entry:

alpha 2

• changed gamemode logic to vscript
  • added overtime
  • made points neutral by default
  • major layout changes particularly around the spawns
  • added additional signage
  • moved a and c capture zones closer to mid and changed the entrances to the warehouses
  • frogger is more optional as the water has been raised and players can now get on the end platforms

Read the rest of this update entry...

Katsu! :3

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
Forgive me for being a bit out of the loop but what does "Valentines-themed map" entail as a theme? It's piqued my curiosity.

Dooge

L1: Registered
Aug 18, 2023
Dooge updated dom_amourette with a new update entry:

mega layout change

gameplay
  • all points moved closer to the perimeter of the map
  • A and C completely re-worked
  • changed the large health pack near B to a medium since the point is now closer
  • removed frogger
  • added windows to the short connectors between spawn and the middle courtyards
visuals
  • added temporary textures to most of the buildings
  • improved signage
  • added custom model for small medkits

Read the rest of this update entry...

Funicular

L2: Junior Member
Nov 15, 2022
I imagine the lack of overtime will be divisive
overtime is practically impossible as soon as one team caps a point since you cant make a point neutralise and therefore not give any points to either team. its either red or blu that gets a point from a cap.

Dooge

Aug 18, 2023
overtime is practically impossible as soon as one team caps a point since you cant make a point neutralise and therefore not give any points to either team. its either red or blu that gets a point from a cap.
I didn't mean that you didn't implement it, just that the point system inherently doesn't have overtime. We'll see how the playtest goes.

Funicular

L2: Junior Member
Nov 15, 2022
eh, i dont think an overtime is really necessary for a mode like this, but yes, goodluck with the test.

Dooge

Aug 18, 2023
eh, i dont think an overtime is really necessary for a mode like this, but yes, goodluck with the test.
I retooled the layout so the playtest was a little delayed, but here it is but the TL;DR is
  • the sounds are very annoying, probably just remove them all together or have them play in the final 30 points or something
  • hard to tell when a team is close to victory
  • respawn time adjustment didn't work? (this might be my fault)
& in the game chat I remember one guy asked why it wasn't just clocks, which is fair.
& personal feedback from me I don't know why you don't just use the default player destruction hud when it shows the progress which might help