CTF Dockside

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Aki, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Aki

Aki L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Dockside is a fairly small CTF map which takes place in two dockside warehouses. It started life as a Turbine rip but has evolved to the point to where it is no more similar to Turbine than Doublecross is to 2Fort. (Both have sewers, sniper decks and a bridge).

I haven't placed cubemaps yet, but the map is otherwise playable.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  2. GPuzzle

GPuzzle L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    On the third screenshot... You have just a box inside another box. Add something interesting. Coldfront last or maybe 2fort intel room have good examples. Coldfront last looks like a hall for a secret base, and anyone that has ever been in 2fort intel room remembers of seeing a window that leads up to the goddamn central headquarters.

3. Aki

Positive Ratings:
    At this point the map needs testing before doing further elaborations like that. They are enough of a pain to add as is, and I don't want to add stuff like that and then need to pull it.

Also, have you ever worked in a warehouse? That is what they are for the most part - boxes within boxes.

4. Limeaide

Limeaide L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    You sure you should be detailing this early on?

5. GPuzzle

GPuzzle L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    The "warehouse" you made is also a secret base. It's not unsupisious - It's just too big. If you were there, fighting, you would be paranoid.It is just like ctf_well entrance - sentry here, sentry there, bam! You can't enter the base.

6. Aki

Positive Ratings:
    The juxtaposition of these quotes is downright painful.

7. Faux Rhinoceros

aa Faux Rhinoceros Also known as Dr. Element

Positive Ratings:
    The second screenshot reminds me an awful lot about ctf_turbine.

8. Aki

Positive Ratings:
    Perhaps I should put fences around the warehouses and a two lane road between them. Sniper sight lines become worrisome if I do that though.

9. Aki

Positive Ratings:
    So, other than adding a road and some fences to the middle, any other suggestions for spreading this out more?