Dissapointment

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
That's hardly the reason anyone here is objecting or expressing any dismay. Some of the reasons are selfless: someone may simply want recognition to go to a map or mapper that he or she thinks deserves it more. Some are a little closer to home: someone (like me) may not want Valve to send the wrong message to the kind of crowd who does play on stock-only servers and already is prone to dismissing custom maps as poor quality and not worth their time.

I have to agree with Shmitz's point here. It's already hard enough to find a good customs server, and with what VALVe is packing into the updates, it might not get any better.

GrimGriz

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 2, 2009
My biggest problem is valve saying "we couldn't find 2 decent custom maps by different authors, so we had to do 2 from this guy" (aka all the customs around atm are shit)

StoneFrog

L6: Sharp Member
May 28, 2008
I think you guys missed the cool part. FASTLANES GOT PATCHED AND REWORKED!

Hopefully this will fix the awful stalematey last point.

I only played fastlane when it came out, but I hated it. The awful last point was too stalematey. :p

Good to see Valve is updating maps instead of just leaving them to become ridiculously exploited and underplayed.

Vander

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Feb 16, 2008
My biggest problem is valve saying "we couldn't find 2 decent custom maps by different authors, so we had to do 2 from this guy" (aka all the customs around atm are shit)

I would tend to think the general public playing TF2 isn't going to put this level of thought into it. I doubt they are going to know who the authors are.

GrimGriz

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 2, 2009
I would tend to think the general public playing TF2 isn't going to put this level of thought into it. I doubt they are going to know who the authors are.

Right, but that's the message they are sending to custom mappers.

laghlagh

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 15, 2008
I still think Egypt is a horrible choice, it takes everything we've been trying to replicate in terms of theming, then smacks us in the face.

Absolutely not! All the custom content that Heyo made is fitting with the TF2 art style.