Disabling resupply locker sound

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Washipato, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Washipato

Washipato L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Is there a way? Can I replace the original locker sound file with an empty sound file? If its possible, how can I do this? Thanks in advance

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  2. Washipato

Positive Ratings:
    Bump. I think it must be possible, I just don't have a clue how to put it in my map. A tip would be cool too.

Sorry if bumping is forbidden in this forum

3. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Nope. It's something hardcoded into the func_regenerate. More valve silliness.
    (yes it is technically possible to override it, but that's naughty to do so forget about it)

4. Washipato

Positive Ratings:
    If it's possible, I should give it a try, unless it makes the map unstable when running.

5. TracerDX

TracerDX L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Only thing that comes to mind is zipping in an empty/silent wav into the map with the same name of the sound.

6. Washipato

Positive Ratings:
    I will give this a try. If Im not mistaken, there is an empty sound file inside the tf2content gcf. Using that with the name changed could work

7. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    The reason I say you don't do it is because when you override default content with a file packed in of the same name it stays cached and persists into every other map the player plays until they restart the client.

8. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    Rly? At least soundscripts are unloaded at map change.

9. Washipato

Positive Ratings:
    Those are bad news :facepalm. I disabled the sound some minutes ago using what TracerDX told me. Afer reading your post, I tested and its true, it disables the sound in every other map.

I guess there is not an easy way to solve this. It's possible to tell the game to dump the empty sound file after changing the map?

10. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    Make a soundscript
    pack it into <YOURMAPNAME>_level_sounds.txt

It should override the game sound correctly. Especially make the .wav filename different.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Soundscripts

P.S. Extracting game_sounds_manifest.txt from tf2 gcf and searching for wav filename should help finding the resupply locker soundscript name.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009