Resource icon

KotH Diderdook A2

[Yeti]

L1: Registered
Mar 20, 2019
Diderdook - Combat among a small river

Inspired by Koth_Bagel and Pass_Timertown, Diderdook takes place among a small river. With a much more open mid / courtyard, I wanted to create a koth map that doesn't have a tiny and chokey mid point. Ideally for me to learn to balance an open space without making snipers, soldiers, and scouts overly annoying.

[Yeti]

L1: Registered
Mar 20, 2019
A2

The main problem with A1 was really just how players got to the point, so I focused on redoing Mid. I consider Mid to be a massive improvement and happy with how it came out. The main changes are:

- Entire mid has seen a small reduction in width and length.

- Right / Main route was redone so it's far more easier to move from the river to the lobby to the point.

- Point / bridge have seen a slight decrease in size, height, less physical cover, thematic reasoning (trains), and a small height advantage via a traincar similar to Badland mid.

- The flank buildings have seen a massive decrease in size and have become slightly more cluttered.

- The Tower on the left flank has been made into an actual tower and there is now a skyway connecting said tower and the flank building. This was done mainly just to stop soldiers / demos bombing the flank.

Read the rest of this update entry...