Radaka

L420: High Member
May 24, 2009
blurg.png

cough cough.

Radaka

May 24, 2009
Radaka: That desktop (and your sig) is hot. What's the wallpaper of?

I'm a sucker for super abstract surreal art. I'm not really sure what it's supposed to be of, I just snatched it because I :O'd at it. It came from a website called http://www.desktopography.net/

My sig pic came from a google search of "funny gif images".

:)

Fearlezz where did you get yours? I want to look around :)

Last edited:

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
desktopqx.png

Just discovered rainmeter last week, not quite done setting it up i dont like the gmail skin i have gonna revert to the default.

Matt4019

L1: Registered
Feb 22, 2009
Here's mine:

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
Just updated, this is my temporary final desktop. Till i find what else to fill up the taskbar on the bottom with kinda boring and plane now. Any suggestions or recommendations.

Thanks for revealing rainmeter to me i cant believe i have never heard of it i love it.
desktoptempfinal.png

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I'm not liking 7's limited options for the new taskbar. You get either no stacking till it's full (with names) or always stacking (never named) or never stack (with names)

WHERES MY DAMN STACK ONCE FULL - NO NAMES OPTION!!!!! :mad:

I'm also not liking the extra click i have to do to even see what I have down in the other corner.. there is more space than in vista's or before, so why the heck did they add a tiny button to bring up a little window with them in there, they'd bloody well fit on the taskbar itself!!

Don't get me wrong it's swish an all, but I can't see any way that the new UI for the taskbar is superior to vista's. I can pin things, but then they dont stay in the same place, the show desktop button is now HARDER to hit, since it's in the wrong corner for dual screens, your mouse shoots over to screen two if you miss by even 1 pixel.

I also disklike how many special folders there are and how they're even more 'separated' from the classic file structure as vista's are. I don't want libraries, with sublibraries that are just "libraries" i want document folders that are "D://Users/Tim/my documents" I know i have those folders but because windows want them to be "special" and "separated" and "easy to use" they've dislodged them from the regular file structure. and it's fucking annoying, because they've just dont it MORE than im vista.

I'm not going to change back, but they fucked up on improving workflow. Its now far, far worse than ever before.

Anyhow, here's my spangley desktop after a day of use

attachment.php

Last edited:

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
Not sure exactly what you mean about the taskbar, but i dont like how you have to click twice to switch between multiple windows of same program.

As for libraries, i hate them as well i did a tweeK (registry i believe) to remove them and hide them from everything including windows explorer.
Do some googleing to find it, if you cant i will send you a look. LIBRARIES SUCK!

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
Love that background nine. I have mine set to change every day. Besides that link a few pages back where do you guys get your wallpapers. Looking for a good site.

Dr. ROCKZO

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jul 25, 2009
4walled is a really good one, if you have a basic Idea of what you're looking for, it is an Archive of all the #Chans' Wallpapers Sections. Anyway, it's still needs a lot of work, but here's my latest current.

WallWall.png

The Gentlemanne

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 18, 2009
image is repeating itself