Desert Bus

PLR Desert Bus rc2

Fluury

L5: Dapper Member
Jul 30, 2017
plr_desertbus - The desertbus experience, now in TF2.

Introducing Payload Race Desertbus - the definitive Desertbus experience ported straight into TF2.

FEATURING:

- Anti-AFK pushing mechanics: Standing on top or infront of the payload results in the player being pushed slightly to the side to prevent players from just sitting on the payload and then going AFK, similar to the original game, you gotta stay on your toes!

- Punishment for not pushing: The entire payload track is rollback, which means that the moment the payload isn't being pushed, it instantly starts rolling backwards!

- An incredibly slow payload: Given the map is already using the max size a TF2 map can be, to atleast get to 1 hour of pushing time, the payload has been slowed down by 80%! However; Teamwork makes the dreamwork - pushing the payload as a team still makes it go faster!

- No Timer: Given players will need several attempts, the map does not have a timelimit whatsoever.

- Heartbreaking, despair inducing combat: Given it is payload race and with the above rules in mind, make every life count! Who will get their payload to the enemy spawn first? Who will have to see it roll all the way back?

So what are you waiting for? Get your bsp of plr_desertbus_rc1 today and start pushing!

[This is a joke map]

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
We have an early contender for first place in the April Fools 2020 Mini-Contest.

Fluury

L5: Dapper Member
Jul 30, 2017
After having seen plr_desertbus_rc1 played out on various trusted community servers with seasoned veteran players playing under their best conditions and several competitive 6s players giving me their feedback on it, I have decided to make adjustments to the map.

I think the balancing is absolutely solid, at first I thought it was ever so slightly RED favored given the sun's direction and it's potential to blind players, however as it turns out that wasn't a big deal at all. The average winrate so far is a clean 50/50 (Out of 0 finished matches)

Having bought a train ticket from germany straight to NA I have also asked for guidance of various TF2 celebrities such as b4nny who gave me his blessing.

The following changes might be controversial given the map's utter perfection at the moment but for the sake of experimentation and pushing mapping as a whole forward I have decided to update the map.

I hope you can forgive me.

RC2 CHANGELOG:
- map's HDR no longer burns your eyelids

Read the rest of this update entry...

I Darkstar X

L3: Member
Oct 19, 2017
Can I decompile this and add a giant floating I/O boss to the map, mayhaps? :D