KotH DamItOut

Bowtie

L1: Registered
Sep 13, 2013
My second TF2 map and my first "serious" map.

DamItOut is a KOTH map set in the middle of the desert, with RED and BLU both manning dam/reservoirs as their base. It is small, but may allow for some interesting gameplay. The map combines water, and a pit that surrounds the CP that kills anyone that get a foot near the ground. The top of each base has a reservoir of water with a ledge in the front. The front of each base is sloped, allowing rocket-jumping Soldiers to get up to take out enemy snipers.

Last edited:

Ælement

Comfortably mediocre
aa
Dec 21, 2010
The idea of a water reservoir is not bad, but this is not completely thought through.

Wouldn't a basin of still water in the desert just evaporate rapidly?

Aside from that, a water reservoir would most likely have a conical (or maybe even spherical!) shape, as that would require less building materials for the same amount of water. STILL then, a desert reservoir might even be a natural underground one.

I'd love to see a map where water is the thing being fought over, but this doesn't quite convince me yet :p

You may also want to read some design theory. Currently, the control point has one route for each team, is completely exposed and at a severe height disadvantage, making it extremely unattractive to capture.

Last edited: