Custom Sounds working but not packing

a_sock

L1: Registered
Apr 12, 2018
Hey, so I made some custom logic using custom announcer voicelines and want to pack my map so the end users don't need to manually install anything.

I am using CompilePal to compile my map but even though the tickbox "pack" under the "publish" preset is ticked, when I load up my compiled map while sv_pure = 2, the sounds aren't working.
The compile log mentions adding the MAPNAME_level_sounds.txt file but otherwise says "0 sounds found".

Here is how my folders and files are set up:

map (and MAPNAME_level_sounds.txt) location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\maps

a look inside the MAPNAME_level_sounds.txt file:
https://i.imgur.com/PeXw3x1.png

custom sound file location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\sound\pc_announcer

The sounds are all working properly when I run my map locally. I just need help with packing these sounds into the bsp.

Thank y'all in advance.

XEnderFaceX

F1 Fan
Aug 18, 2015
Do you have the Voicelines inside logic_case or logic_relays? if yes, then thats why they wont Pack.
I recently uploaded a Halloween Map with Custom Voicelines aswell, and i had this same Packing Problem.
The Fix is to place all Voicelines inside ambient_generics, when you do that, they will pack and they can be played via logic_cases.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.PNG
    Unbenannt.PNG
    716.3 KB · Views: 184

a_sock

Apr 12, 2018
Yes I indeed have them inside of logic_cases.
I now put them inside of ambient generics, but of all 20, only one gets picked up by compile pal. I game them all unique names, none of them are linked to any other entity.
Do you have an idea why this isn't working still?

Thank you for your help so far!

XEnderFaceX

F1 Fan
Aug 18, 2015
You dont need to give the ambient_generics a name, if that isnt the fix than maybe you could share me the vmf or something for me to look into.

a_sock

Apr 12, 2018
Yea I didn't think giving them all unique names would be likely to fix it but I wanted to try at least.

I am very thankful that you are looking into this for me, I've been working on this for months and only need to find out how to get everything packed properly.

Attachments

• pc_timer_announcements.vmf
    79.4 KB · Views: 129

XEnderFaceX

F1 Fan
Aug 18, 2015
incase you didnt see the Video, your Problem most likely was because you didnt pick REPACK in CompilePal, you need PACK and REPACK selected

a_sock

Apr 12, 2018
Oh ok, I'll try that once I get home. The video isn't available to me so thank you for the explanation :)

a_sock

Apr 12, 2018
It works! Thank you again for your help, without you I might have never figured it out. I love that as a total beginner I can always find help on this forum, it makes figuring things out so much easier.
I really appreciate it