PL Cthooloo

Oct 6, 2008

ExtraCheesyPie

L420: High Member
Jan 29, 2015
Voodoo might be the more obvious name choice, but it's a terrible theme choice, it also leverages real cultures for a cheap joke rather than an entirely fictional mythos.

This is Team Fortress 2, the entire world's been already leveraged for a cheap joke.

Last edited:

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I don't agree with that, and even if it were true, it's not an excuse to further perpetuate humor at the expense of other cultures or minorities.

ExtraCheesyPie

L420: High Member
Jan 29, 2015
I don't agree with that, and even if it were true, it's not an excuse to further perpetuate humor at the expense of other cultures or minorities.

I'm not saying that's okay, I'm just saying that it's happened.

Examples from the game: Russian culture, Scottish, French, etc

Last edited:

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Mountain lab -> Mann manor

I'm pretty sure you already knew, but Mann Manor isn't a halloween version of Mountain Lab technically. It's a separate map in every sence but base structure, which was provided by Valve.

Jusa

aa
May 28, 2013
Esoetric Order of Saxton strikes again. Can't wait to see how this turns out as I really love the Cthulhu mythos.

Edit: With all the talk about the name I just want to point out I aprove of it.

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I never posted it publicly because it was a small scale test of entities. They didn't work quite right, so why would I have ever posted it? There are more significant changes than just pumpkins, but you don't need to go digging up old failed tests :/ It's just weird.

This was dropped because I encountered hurdles in my planned hell + it was overscoped for the time available.