ctf_wall and cp_science (both beta)

Vilepickle

Banned
Oct 25, 2007
Yeah I agree. I'm more of a simple thinker when it comes to "gameplay space", ie I don't like to cramp it up with a bunch of stuff people can get stuck on. Sometimes that leads to more open spaces and it seems bigger to people and I end up getting that comment.

I like Science and what I've seen of Wall. They use their space well. I think if/when I do another complete original I need to work on my space management a bit. In relation to what you said, I was still kind of still familiarizing myself with Hammer when I made Castle. Now that I've got a lot more experience since then I feel pretty comfortable making something extremely polished.

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
For the next version of ctf_wall, I am going to be removing the street side path. With that removed, the only ways to get through the wall are the hole and the upper bridge path.

I am contemplating whether or not I should add lobby access as a third way through, roughly around where the dumpsters are. The upside is it would keep the lobby as a combat zone and provide an alternate route (while still keeping only two central bottlenecks). The downside is that it would likely result in a significantly faster route than either of the other two, and would draw flow away from the hole. If I didn't add the extra entrances in, I would restructure the upper tunnels to not actually have access to the lobby, since it would be a dead zone for action anyway.

Would anyone care to provide an opinion on the matter?