CTF Ctf_PumpStation [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Three Million

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 2, 2015
This is the fastest I have seen a map go into beta. I am going to run some plays test a bit later when I'm not on mobile.

Urban

aa
Jul 27, 2009
To be honest, I don't think the map should be in beta just yet. I haven't played it in any proper tests, but just from running around by myself I can see that the map almost entirely consists of boring long corridors. The only exception is the mid room but even that is just a corridor, just with some more interesting stuff going on inside it.

Personally I don't find fighting in hallways all that exciting, explosive classes will be at an advantage a fair amount of the time as they can just bounce people around in the enclosed spaces without any issues. Would an outside section fit into your theme at all? A displacement cave or something that won't just be a flat wall would improve the map a fair bit I think. If not, try having some rooms in between corridors with some different heights within and some cover to hide behind just to vary the gameplay a little bit - apart from the corners in the corridors there is very little to hide behind currently.

Etasus

L420: High Member
Jul 24, 2016
To be honest, I don't think the map should be in beta just yet. I haven't played it in any proper tests, but just from running around by myself I can see that the map almost entirely consists of boring long corridors. The only exception is the mid room but even that is just a corridor, just with some more interesting stuff going on inside it.

Personally I don't find fighting in hallways all that exciting, explosive classes will be at an advantage a fair amount of the time as they can just bounce people around in the enclosed spaces without any issues. Would an outside section fit into your theme at all? A displacement cave or something that won't just be a flat wall would improve the map a fair bit I think. If not, try having some rooms in between corridors with some different heights within and some cover to hide behind just to vary the gameplay a little bit - apart from the corners in the corridors there is very little to hide behind currently.
Yeah... an outside section would not really fit the theme I'm going for, and nor would a cave... I'm going for an industrial theme like turbine... and I will be adding a few props here and there that should allow for places to hide behind, and I promise, after a little bit of detailing, the walls should be a bit less flat...

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Relying on props to create interesting gameplay spaces isn't a good thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.