ctf_chaos

P

Pookiemccoo

I just did a quick run through the map and my first impression:
another job well done :001_tt1:

Simple layout, not overly crowded with props, very nice architecture,...
my kind of map!

fartron

L1: Registered
Jan 27, 2008
Ohh, that chaos3. I'll be watching for servers running this, for sure.

fartron

L1: Registered
Jan 27, 2008
I played it, and I really enjoyed it. I haven't played chaos3 in so long that I'm not sure what you might have changed, but I liked this better than I liked the original. Maybe I just like TF2 better than I liked Q3F.

With a full server, there weren't enough spawns, but the map played excellently. First round came down to both flags in the midfield, being fought over by everyone for the winning cap. In short, I thought it was awesome. :001_tt1:

Vilepickle

Banned
Oct 25, 2007
There are actually 18 spawnpoints per side, so I'm not sure what's happening with them. It seems like everyone still spawns at least. I cut it down to 16 per team and spread them out to make sure.

Earl

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 21, 2007
This is a great map, I got my clan to put it on their server!

Buddikaman

L3: Member
Dec 31, 2007
The construction aspect of this map was defenitaly great, the architecture is pro, altough i found the layout a bit offsetting. It felt alot like a UT map, which isnt neccesarly a bad thing.

-Buddikaman-

Vilepickle

Banned
Oct 25, 2007
It is a map from Q3F, a past fortress game, which is probably why it would feel like something from a faster paced game. I like smaller-ish fast CTF maps :)

Logo

L3: Member
Oct 25, 2007
Out curiosity Vile, do you have any plans to make any maps with an original layout? I'm not trying to imply your maps aren't original or that you're doing something bad/wrong by porting/drawing from old maps but I'm just curious if you're going to keep doing remakes/ports or if you have any plans to 'start from scratch'.

ChickenHunter

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 12, 2008
Out curiosity Vile, do you have any plans to make any maps with an original layout? I'm not trying to imply your maps aren't original or that you're doing something bad/wrong by porting/drawing from old maps but I'm just curious if you're going to keep doing remakes/ports or if you have any plans to 'start from scratch'.

also will any of them be set in space? I hope so

Vilepickle

Banned
Oct 25, 2007
Looks really nice, but doesnt look playable and fun.

Sweeping generalization feedback for the loss.

I might make an original again. Just kind of sick of mapping for now.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I might make an original again. Just kind of sick of mapping for now.

Take a break! you've earned it, you've had three top notch maps out since the release of TF2 (october, not long ago was it?)
Take a week or so just gaming instead of mapping or, well, you know what you like to do better than I do so you pick something that will hold your interest for a while. then once the new gameplay mode is out make an original map for that.

*salutes you*