CTF Hud not appearing for my map

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Resistance, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Resistance

Resistance L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    So what's the secret to getting the CTF hud to appear for a CTF map?

I have flags/game_round_entity/tf_gamerules entity , i tried forcing the CTF Hud in tf_gamerules..... interestingly enough the CTF Hud appeared once, then when i went back to my map and changed it and compiled it doens't appear anymore.

2. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
  3. Resistance

Positive Ratings:
    uuhhhh what? If you are linking me to the gametype resource pack, I already have that. And what's in there for the CTF gametype is exactly the same thing I have in my map but the CTF Hud is not appearing.

4. Resistance

Positive Ratings:
    Alright I figured it out... apparentely if you set the RespawnWaveTime below 4 seconds, the CTF Hud will not appear......

Is there anyway to just have a set respawn time, instead of only adjusting wavetimes?

5. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    You -could- use a point_sever command to set mp_respawnwavetime, but I don't think server operators would be to happy about that and you couldn't submit it to gameday.

6. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    That sounds totally wrong, there must be something else in error. But I don't really know what.

7. Cynick

Cynick L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong) but I think TF2 deals only with wave times.

8. Resistance

Positive Ratings:
    I agree because looking at some of the wavetimes on some of valve's maps (on CP maps for certain conditions) the wavetimes are set as low as 2 seconds. I have no idea why the ctf hud does not appear for me when i set it below 4 seconds.