Crusoe [ALPHA] [OPEN]

Discussion in 'Orphaned Maps Repository' started by tyler, Jul 28, 2012.

1. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    pl_crusoe was a map made for the dynamic pl/plr contest, featuring a couple rollbacks and a moving platform that carries the cart through a cave area.

It is open to anyone to claim, modify, and publish new versions, so long as you credit me (yyler) for creating the base structure.

This map uses a couple models from the BulletCrops pack, available here.

Notes on the map: I think that most people enjoyed this, but after a while I became less enthused with the concept and did not want to continue moving around path_track ents (I find that really unrewarding and boring). The cave area on this map probably needs the most work, and the finale shouldn't be a circle, but otherwise I think a lot of the gameplay is fairly solid. The planned theme was a tropical island setting, combining choice Egypt, Jungle (from Sean's Borneo) and Swamp assets with the BulletCrops items, and ending in a sort-of Foundry/industrial theme where Blu destroys a water purification front or something. Think Robinson Crusoe. I'd love for someone to pick this up again.

The original thread is here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012
  2. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    I am interested. Is it going to be socially acceptable in this subforum to playtest a map a few times before expressing more than tentative interest?

3. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Yes, that is fine.

4. tyler

Positive Ratings:
  5. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    Okay. I don't have time to do more than a few hours on this for a week or so, so i'll put it in gamesdays and such.

As for a new name (in case anyone else wants it as well), what about pl_friday?

6. tyler

Positive Ratings: