By Narkissus

1. Narkissus

Narkissus L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Bumping this because it only has 5 downloads and i want feedback :(

2. Waif

Waif L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Nice map, fun to play and I love the moving skybox.

[​IMG]

I think you should change a lot of the enemy 'Intel"signs to battlement ones, as it can be pretty confusing having intel point two directions, like here.

Also I also have a feeling you should shorten the middle section (The big inside area with the pool) lengthwise as it is a fair way from one end to another in the map for slow classes like heavy.

Edit: Also the FPS wasn't horrid, but it wasn't great ever. I would suggest adding some more optimisation to the map to make it run smoother.

Keep up the good work :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Penguin

aa Penguin Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome

Positive Ratings:
    Add a super-gentle shake entity.

Deepen the pool.

NEVER, EVER add nobuild to the vents.

Otherwise, awesome, beautiful map.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. x14u2cx

x14u2cx L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I was just done playing b4b and i noticed a couple of things.

-the middle area (with the pool) makes me take a large fps hit compared to most of the other parts of the map.

-some steps on the way to the blue intel room from the deck of the ship sill have dev textures.

-there is a lack of health, when i was playing i found it difficult to pick out the places that there was health when i saw a spot with ammo i waited for health but had no luck, maybe some small health kits scattered with the ammo closer to the spawn. (sorry if there were i have never played the map before to explore allot)

Other than these the map was fun and the engies seemed to never be overpowered which is a good thing.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. H-land

H-land L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Besides perhaps more arrows, more health and more ammo, I could think of very few things that would improve this map, since it's fun to look, fun to play, and I have to imagine that making the ship sink at the end of the map would be impossible to achieve. Really, this is a pretty great map.
    One small suggestion that I might make would be to add "no lifeguard on duty" signs to the walls on the side of the pool, if you could manage to get a texture like that.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. (-TN-) Ben2

(-TN-) Ben2 L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    i liked this map, but the middle seemed just a bit too big, looks great though.

7. captainAngry

captainAngry L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I love this map. It was a lost favorite until I saw the update on here.

The updates all look really nice. I didn't notice any problems.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. littleedge

aa littleedge L1111: Clipping Guru

Positive Ratings:
    The few people who played it on my clan's server said that it's an alright map, it just needs more signs.

9. Dr. Spud

aa Dr. Spud Grossly Incandescent

Positive Ratings:
    We're playing the new version (b4b), and the ocean water is still real-time reflections :O

Since I posted here last I got a brand new gaming rig, and I'm getting lots of lag on this map. I don't know what to tell ya other than that.

10. Narkissus

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah it seems i messed up and still have real-time reflections on the ocean water, im working on fixing it up.

11. Narkissus

Positive Ratings:
    this is really annoying me, when i take out real time reflections it makes the texture stop animating. I dont know what to do about it. But yeah, still working on it.

12. Richard.UK

Richard.UK L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Wow

I have to say this has to be one of the sexyest, most beautiful maps which is genuinely playable for a good competetive game....and CTF too!...

My ONLY problem
    You are not able to control the mp_timelimit using a map.cfg file...
    For example I have multiple map.cfg files for every map hosted on the server configured independently.

If I create a ctf_cruise_b4b.cfg with the mp_timelimit "70" this does not change the round timelimit to 70 minutes, it appears to use the default of 20 minutes per round which is a little annoying!

apart from that, this map is spectacular, PLEASE FIX MY PROBLEM! and I will openly admitt I could be homosexual for 2 seconds of my life...1 second to say omg and 2 to download it lol

Sorry, just a little excited by this map

Rich
    PS - I'm not homosexual lol