Crossover2

Scoobingsthe2nd

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 11, 2007
It's not going to be a complete ripoff. I want it to stay truthful to the original but I'm going to be nixing a few spots that you could get to in the original. You will absolutely not be able to get on top of the flag room thing, I'm still toying with the possibility of people going onto the ledge above the door. As of now you can't.

S

Snockis

Ah, ledge thats he word i was looking for:p
Are you absolutely sure that you don't want to let demo and soldiers to jump up to the roof level above the flag capturing point.

forgot that the flag room and flag capturing point were on different places:p

The Drizzle

L1: Registered
Dec 19, 2007
Hey scoobings, this map is looking great. I think that you should close off the roof also. There would be no way to stop the sgs. Well it would be near impossible I think. Keep up the good work, and once this is done we will put it up on our server.

K

Krylzay

Wow that really does look great. I can't wait to see it. When do you think you will be done?

Scoobingsthe2nd

Nov 11, 2007
Well I'm kind of pushing for mid to end of january for the first beta, but I'm not sure if that's realistic anymore. Still tryin for it though :D

Scoobingsthe2nd

Nov 11, 2007
New Screenshot:

Blue's main HQ room

BlueHQ.jpg

Buddikaman

L3: Member
Dec 31, 2007
re

I really like what you have done with this map, i loved the original. Only crit from last screenshot, raise the wall vents higher, id say in the middle of the blue stripe.

-Buddikaman-

Last edited:

Scoobingsthe2nd

Nov 11, 2007
thanks, yeah I hadn't thought of that. that would probably look better.

Other side of blue HQ room:

hl22008-01-0317-00-29-70.jpg

Scoobingsthe2nd

Nov 11, 2007
Hey guys, quick update. The january 20th release date for first beta is no longer realistic because I wasn't aware of how much work the classes I'm currently taking actually are going to be. I'm going to try my best to get it released very soon, and it shouldn't be that far off. It's just January 20th is no longer realistic.

The Drizzle

L1: Registered
Dec 19, 2007
Hey thanks for the update. . .let me know if you want us to test it on our server, we would be more than willing.

Kirko

L2: Junior Member
Jan 16, 2008
outside yard the little shack has a farm looking roof on blue side? thought blue was the industrial people and red was the farm people.

Voztron

Jan 14, 2008
Wow this looks great, I am really excited about this map.
The vents in that final pic look too big, it looks at if they were meant to hold a heavy and not air... Raise them or put some sort of cavity that they run between, they dominate the room too much right now.

Scoobingsthe2nd

Nov 11, 2007
Yeah, I thought that too.

I tried to move them up, but then I forgot that there was a spawn room right above it and... well lets just say it looks more ridiculous when there's half a vent sticking through the spawn room floor heheh.

I also considered removing them but then the ceiling looked too empty. Too my knowledge there isn't a smaller vent that has the pieces I need, and pipes look stupid in that room. They don't fit. So those vents were what I landed on. Though I may toy with removing them in beta 2 as I'm not a huge fan of them either, they're just the lesser of 2 evils.

Scoobingsthe2nd

Nov 11, 2007
Possible yes...

They're just detail, so they aren't functional at all. I think the glass would be kind of a detail that I wouldn't want to add. I don't want them to be able to see when people spawn, and the skybox thing would work only one way, and I don't want people to see into a spawn room that's always empty, if there are really people in there. It kind of goes outside the realm of belief I think.

Voztron

Jan 14, 2008
They are some fairly valid points. This is the Blue HQ right? Why not have a montior array come down from the ceiling or a cable management system, something different from the vents :)