creating a physical capture progress indicator

Bob Ross

L3: Member
Jun 16, 2009
i cannot find the new entity anywhere. and my sdk is fully up to date. where is this thing?

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Valve is slow and rarely ships out SDK updates with things like new entities they add. You'll either need to get my resource pack (see sig), or type the entity name in by hand.

Bob Ross

L3: Member
Jun 16, 2009
well it takes the frames away from the intel HUD so its only the compases but it doesnt display any control points. do i neeed something else for that?

EDIT: adding a CP master made it show up in the hud but it causes you to win when you cap which i dont want. how do i disable winning?

Last edited:

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Try adding a second control point someone and check off "Start with model hidden" and "Hide control point on HUD" in the flags tab. That should prevent winning since a team cannot own all points, while making no visible difference to the players.

re1wind

aa
Aug 12, 2009
Either the team_control_point or it's cap area has a setting that allows you to say which control points each team needs to own before they can capture this one. If you remove them completely the point becomes uncaptureable, and if no team can capture all the points, the game shouldn't end. this, though makes the cp use the locked icon for the control point.

Each control point should have it's own index (not group index) number (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) and your cp master should have them lined up like <0,1,2,...etc>.