Crash-style tutorial series on modeling and texturing

Are you interested in watching such a series?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zeus

Not a Krusty Krab
aa
Oct 15, 2014
Hello!

I've been thinking about putting together a tutorial series on modeling and texturing for TF2. There seems to be some resources out there for this but nothing comprehensive.

Is there interest in such a series and if so what things would you most wanna see covered?

I see the target audience for this being someone familiar with basic mapping concepts but wanting to customize or make a new model / texture.

Tuaam

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 26, 2015
I do think this is a great idea, considering crash stopped making his series and has moved onto other things it wouldn't be considered a rip-off.

Go for it.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Weirdly enough we've never had any comprehensive guides on asset creation. I guess the people who know how to do it well either aren't confident that their methods are good enough to be worth sharing, or are keeping it a secret to cut down on competition. @Freyja made a tutorial on AO bake, UV unwrapping, and exporting from 3ds Max once, but then she took it down.

Zeus

Not a Krusty Krab
aa
Oct 15, 2014
Weirdly enough we've never had any comprehensive guides on asset creation. I guess the people who know how to do it well either aren't confident that their methods are good enough to be worth sharing, or are keeping it a secret to cut down on competition. @Freyja made a tutorial on AO bake, UV unwrapping, and exporting from 3ds Max once, but then she took it down.

Haha yeah even tophatwaffle only has a single video on the subject. I won't pretend im amazing at it but I don't have to be to at least show the process lol

I got a rough outline of what I think I should cover. My idea is have the series go towards making a asset start to finish, one that demonstrates a bunch of different aspects of the process.

SaltyPapi

L2: Junior Member
Mar 11, 2021
I think it'd be very cool to watch. I'm already subbed, so this would just be a fun and informative addition.