cp_obtuse

cp_obtuse a3

I dinne ken

Has currently had enough
aa
Apr 16, 2016
cp_obtuse - Angles galore!

My entry for the 2018 summer Jam. Took me about 30ish hours, very fast for me.

The angles were a challenge to work with but it was an enjoyable challenge.

Pictures!
20180729160559_1.jpg
20180729160609_1.jpg
20180729160618_1.jpg
20180729160624_1.jpg
20180729160630_1.jpg

This isn't useful information, but my first point's capture area has 22 outputs. Which is ridiculous.

I dinne ken

Has currently had enough
aa
Apr 16, 2016
Additions
  • A shipping container around last
  • A shortcut where Red's old first spawn was. This opens upon blue capturing B
  • More signage, mainly for the players coming out of Red's new first spawn
Changes
  • Moved red's first spawn back a bit, adding a couple of seconds to the amount of time needed to get to the point
  • Changed a small building near A to become a hiding place / sentry spot counter
  • Changed the large ammo pack in the sentry spot around A to a medium to combat turtling
  • Made the area around C 256 units longer, to give the defending team more time to set up and to make the area less cramped
  • Made A's capture area a bit larger
Removals
  • Some of the large crates around B. (less cover so that blue can cap easier)
Fixes
  • Added respawnroomvisualisers to Blue's first spawn
Plans
  • I may make the area around C even lengthier, based upon feedback

Read the rest of this update entry...

I dinne ken

Has currently had enough
aa
Apr 16, 2016
Additions
  • A new flank route goes from near blue's first spawn to a high ground around A
  • A new connector between where red's old first spawn was and the secondary route out of blue's second spawn, should lead to more cohesive and coordinated pushes on B
  • A plank that also makes pushes on B more cohesive
  • Added back one of the large crates around B to give both Red and Blue more cover, it was a bit lacking beforehand
Changes
  • De-elongated the area around C, should make attacking it a bit easier as there is less time for red to adjust themselves
  • Moved the exit of the shortcut where red's old first spawn used to be to next to the large ammo pack
  • Changed the heights of some cover so that Red snipers dont have a huge sightline from the higher exit of Red's second spawn.
Fixes
  • Red's first spawn now teleports players to the second when needed
  • Red's first spawn now has a respawnroomvisualiser
Removals
  • Removed an unused flank thing from the middle of the map, this was a bit after point A

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited: